radio off, distraction free.
this morning it was on my heart and mind to thank Him for how He's shown His providence to me in the recent happenings of my life. and though God doesn't audibly communicate with us, I believe that He uses the Holy Spirit to guide us in our worship - whether that's during prayer, in a church service, or while reading our Bibles, etc. - so that we can discern that which He wants us to know and understand about Him and His will for us.
and it was so cool to see the point He brought me to this morning. as evident in my previous posts, I'm on this path, trying to follow God's will for my life and my family. and I'm seeing all of these lessons He's trying to teach me about the things I need to change in my life so I can live better for Him. so I can be used more effectively for His glory.
The first lesson was: "TRUST ME. (to which I said, "I do, Lord.") And He said, "no, REALLY trust me." (me: "Oh.")
The next was "Wait for Me. One day at a time."
After that was "Give Me control."
Then "Look inside of You... Acknowledge the sin in your life and work hard to change it."
And now it's "Don't forget about Me."
each one has been unfolded in His time according to His way. I likened the process to the blooming of a rose. God's plan for our lives is unfolded one petal at a time until it blooms into a beautiful, fragrant rose.
one day at a time... one lesson at a time. in His time and by His perfect will.
i'm a week away from my life beginning the dramatic change and i'm excited. all those lessons up there.... still learning. and i will never stop learning them. instead He brought them to my attention at the time He determined was right, when i would be ready to receive the spiritual truths He needed me to hear.
we can hear His call more clearly when we walk with Him and focus our attention on Him and Him alone. and the times i've been obedient enough to do that... it has been truly amazing.
Posted by
No comments:
Post a Comment