Tuesday, August 2, 2011

one step at a time.


Friend, I don't know what your personal mountain is today or what wildfire threatens your life right now. What I do know is that if you're like me, you've forgotten that the Lord Jesus isn't asking you to solve the cosmic problems of life, to fix a bunch of other people, or take responsibility for His business.

He's just asking you to take a few more steps, and follow Him.

You can do that.


An excerpt from Monday's post, Just A Few Steps, on EdUnderwood.com


I had to read this a couple of times for it to have the impact that I needed it to have... that God wanted it to have on me. It's one of those truths in a Christian's life that can sometimes be taken advantage of. For someone like me who grew up in a Christian home, in a strongly Christian family, surrounded by faith in Christ lived out and preached consistently... this simple concept of "just follow" is somehow engrained and ignored at the same time. It's the thing we know in our minds but don't always believe and implement with the rest of us.
The last couple of weeks have been trying for me. I struggled with giving up control of the one thing that God gave me "control" over. and I guess I had this silly expectation that once that happened, everything would get easier and become crystal clear....... but that obviously didn't happen. Silly me. So I think I started to get really stressed (even though I've been keeping it together on the outside... remember overwhelmed?).
My hair's falling out, gosh darn it! In clumps almost! That's a telltale sign of acute stress right there. 
So I've been needing a kick in the butt. And this was a much needed reminder for me. I am literally taking this whole transition to the next chapter in our lives... one day at a time. Little by little things are revealed, but it's got to be the hardest lesson of patience I've ever had to learn. It's not necessarily painful in the sense that I am dealing with intense despair or emotional instability... but it feels like such a rough and arduous grind to get to the level of refinement that God wants me to attain. It's so hard.

But somehow He sustains me. 
Every day He gives me strength for each morning. 
Thank you, Jesus. I love you... You are everything I need.

"And step by step You lead me, and I will follow You all of my days."

No comments:

Post a Comment