Everything happens for a reason. So even bad days happen for a reason. Reflecting on my most recent bad days, I am convinced once again that God's timing is perfect. Perhaps the last month and a half has been a test. I'm actually quite sure it was. God wanted to teach me to trust Him. He wanted me to learn that He is in control and to appreciate His wisdom and divine providence in all things. He has His hand in my life and all its ongoings. And he does it all based on the underlying promise that He has a plan for me, to give me hope and a future (Jer 29:11).
I realized that some things aren't as great as we think they are... and that can be a good thing. Sometimes we're too stubborn or too scared to let go of what we know and what we're secure in... so we try to cling to it as much as possible instead of trusting God to take us where He has called us to go. It's hard, especially for a "planner" like me. When I'm secure in one place, it's hard to venture down an unknown path for which I have no map. But what I realized today in a new light is that what may seem great right now isn't necessarily the best place we can be. It's nice and convenient when life is comfy and predictable... when we feel satisfied with what we're doing and where we are. But then you have a bad day... or two, or three. And you hear God reminding you that He called you... and when He did you answered "Here I am"... and you remember how invigorating and liberating it felt to answer His call, saying, "Send me!"....
It is then that He tells you to go back to that moment in time. To trust Him that He has called you to something better, that He can use you for His glory in a greater way, for His eternal purpose.
It is then that the bad day dissipates and "the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding...guard[s] your heart and mind through Christ Jesus." (Phil. 4:6-7)
At the end of the day, He reveals that what our will says is good really isn't that great, and the bad isn't so bad after all. The unknown path is not so scary when you're following the one who created it. And you're always right where you need to be when you're letting God lead. Take each step with Him and answer His call, where ever that may lead. And do it all by faith.
I realized that some things aren't as great as we think they are... and that can be a good thing. Sometimes we're too stubborn or too scared to let go of what we know and what we're secure in... so we try to cling to it as much as possible instead of trusting God to take us where He has called us to go. It's hard, especially for a "planner" like me. When I'm secure in one place, it's hard to venture down an unknown path for which I have no map. But what I realized today in a new light is that what may seem great right now isn't necessarily the best place we can be. It's nice and convenient when life is comfy and predictable... when we feel satisfied with what we're doing and where we are. But then you have a bad day... or two, or three. And you hear God reminding you that He called you... and when He did you answered "Here I am"... and you remember how invigorating and liberating it felt to answer His call, saying, "Send me!"....
It is then that He tells you to go back to that moment in time. To trust Him that He has called you to something better, that He can use you for His glory in a greater way, for His eternal purpose.
It is then that the bad day dissipates and "the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding...guard[s] your heart and mind through Christ Jesus." (Phil. 4:6-7)
At the end of the day, He reveals that what our will says is good really isn't that great, and the bad isn't so bad after all. The unknown path is not so scary when you're following the one who created it. And you're always right where you need to be when you're letting God lead. Take each step with Him and answer His call, where ever that may lead. And do it all by faith.
Posted by
No comments:
Post a Comment