Tuesday, June 14, 2011

bygone wisdom.

 Reflections written one fine October day... 

Today has just been one of those days. This is the most apt description I can give: I got to work & the day officially crapped on me... [So] in order to avoid any festering bitterness that will likely consume my being the rest of the day... and possibly the rest of the week[...] I'm outside. Listening to the splash of the fountain, sitting in the sun - hoping to burn away the layers of attitudinal filth that have built up over the course of the past 2 days. We all have days like this, don't we? 
 
We're meant to learn from such mishaps and unforeseen circumstances. How we deal and how much we learn through such times are testaments to one's maturity  and even intelligence. Prudence is a part of that as well. I don't expect every day to be sunny and perfect. I'm not nearly that naive. Yet I suppose when I compare my life with others more afflicted... most days are sunny & perfect. And one day shouldn't redefine my outlook on my life because one day is just that... one day. I have been blessed to the point that my life has been predominantly fair-weathered. Storms have come through but I've remained grounded - by the grace of God - on the Rock that is higher than I. I am in need of nothing that is necessary to my livelihood. I have been thoroughly blessed beyond all measure. And today... today is just a reminder that God is still in control & that at the end of the day - no matter how bad it was - he will hold me, sustain me, strengthen me for the next dawn, and give me grace to accept it and forgiveness to move on. 

HE WILL SUPPLY ALL MY NEED ACCORDING TO HIS RICHES IN GLORY THROUGH CHRIST JESUS. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment